Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Your antlers/somebody elses cape? >

Your antlers/somebody elses cape?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your antlers/somebody elses cape?

Old 11-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Spike

Zrexpilot - what kind of skull is in your avatar?

Word of caution about taxidermy.net - I've bought from there and the people I have delt with are great sellers. There are a couple scam artists who have gotten away with taking money. They have a "buyer and seller" forum for reviews, and the scam artists have been brought to light. So before you do any dealings, search for the name of the seller to review any positive or negative encounters. MOST people are honest

They do have a ton of capes on there, and all kinds! From white tail to kudu...and the prices are very reasonable.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

no one would know except the person who shot it...also ive seen some old antlers/head mounts get worn/faded over the years and Ive seen people re-do the cape...it still keeps the memory of the buck alive...not a big deal IMO...
Old 11-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Spike

A European mount could be a cheaper and potential solution. Just a thought.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Spike

I'd say that the only bother you have is that you did not mount it. I did the same thing with my first 2 bucks. Money was tight and I simply did not have enough to mount them. Now that I'm a little better off I try to mount them if I don't kill a buck to mount. I have one of them done with no regrets, and it looks fine.......on a big doe hide that I killed. Yes a big doe.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can always have the antlers mounted on a replica skull and do a European mount if your into that.