Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
got my drop tine friday morning >

got my drop tine friday morning

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

got my drop tine friday morning

Old 11-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

WOW bruiser right there - congrats
Old 11-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the congrats.

Ive put in some work on this one. It was my 2nd year on the property with roughly 400 hours hunting in on the property waiting for the right deer.

This deer gave me about a 10 second window last year. He was a nice buck and had good stickers coming off the back. He probably would have went 145 or so. Luckily he only gave me 10 seconds and I didn't shoot. Season ended with me still holding my buck tag for this county last year.

This year I passed another 140ish buck with stickers right under me so I hope the trend continues.

Here is another shot of the g2 that looks like a brow tine in the one picture.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rockport
167 4/8 with 4 broken tines. Looks like he would have pushed 190 intact but I'm not complaining.

Of course my buddy that scores deer.....well his biggest is 168 and he scored mine at 167 and a half
get it rescored by someone else lol.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bristowboy_20
get it rescored by someone else lol.
He "forgot" to count a sticker. It was 168 4/8 being very conservative. Unfortunately he had a good 12 inches broke off.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just saw this thread and that is a bruiser, but shame on you for interrupting his breeding, LOL!!! I wonder what the stud buck looked like that broke off all his points in the fight Looks like you may have at least one more bigun in the area---Congrats!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

SWEET,Great deer.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Just saw this thread and that is a bruiser, but shame on you for interrupting his breeding, LOL!!! I wonder what the stud buck looked like that broke off all his points in the fight Looks like you may have at least one more bigun in the area---Congrats!
He made a huge mistake of showing me a drop tine in the daylight.

About two weeks later another big buck came out of the same small draw this one was living in(about 5 acres or so, long and skinny) 3pm standing right out in front of me feeding but I didn't have any more buck tags. He was probably 155-160 inch 10 point.

Ive got 4 of these long skinny draws on the property right next to each other. They are very hard to hunt and the big boys know it. I have to be very patient about when and how I hunt it.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Spike

Wow great story and job on the harvest
Old 01-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

In all the years I've hunted I've not only not killed a drop tine, I've never even seen one! That big 10 you saw a couple weeks after that may well have been the one the drop was doing battle with. Get him next season and post him up here!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
In all the years I've hunted I've not only not killed a drop tine, I've never even seen one! That big 10 you saw a couple weeks after that may well have been the one the drop was doing battle with. Get him next season and post him up here!
Ive see a couple but never been even close to tagging one before.

Yeah I hope he is still around. He was a younger deer than the one I killed. Ive got a couple I'm hoping to see next year.

This is only my second year on this property. The first year I just killed a doe and let all the bucks walk and regretted it all year until it paid off.

We think this drop tine is still around on a different farm as well.

The picture is 3 years ago. He was a monster last time he was spotted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.