Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Gravity Fed deer feeder?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gravity Fed deer feeder?

I have found this little gem hidden on our property hidden behind a tree I never go to, Anyways I am wondering if I can use this barrel as a gravity feeder since it looks like it's made to store corn and feed the animals with the holes pre drilled in it.

Just an FYI
Its been on our property for years, I did ask my folks about it and they have stated it's been there for a long time long time. So I know I can claim it as mine own.
Attached Thumbnails Gravity Fed deer feeder?-1475881_10202621384604953_1509335372_n.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

you could...but the problem I see is how does the animal get to the stuff in the middle once it gets down to the bottom? Ive had better luck with corrugated rain gutter pipe cut to 4.5-5' length tied to a tree or post. Or pvc pipe feeder.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks man, Well I am hoping the does are smart enough to eat the stuff on the ground if they cannot get the middle corn.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Thanks man, Well I am hoping the does are smart enough to eat the stuff on the ground if they cannot get the middle corn.
Do what you want...they will eat what they can get to...just saying ive had better luck with pipe feeders....