Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut Explosion

Old 11-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rut Explosion

I was seeing a lot of bucks just coming through at night on my cams up until Saturday. Sunday through yesterday evening there was no bucks on cam and only does in the field. Today about 2pm the woods lit up and a wall hanger chased a doe right out of the woods through the middle of the field full speed. I seen 5 other does today and 4 of them had bucks running them all around as fast as they could run. Does would get away and then stop and pee everywhere they could. All the bucks where grunting there heads off. 100 percent different from yesterday so I would guess this is day 1 of the chase here. Very exiting day to be out there!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup... it would seem that your primary breeding phase is kicking in... See- Photoperiodism...

Photoperiodism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Yup, all reports I've seen say the same thing.

We're gonna get into it!

Can't wait for Saturday morning
Old 11-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet! On my way out! Thanks for the report. Makes deciding where I'm going simple now.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

Same thing here in SW Ohio....had two bucks chasing does all through our neighborhood this morning...I almost hit one of them on my way to work!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOOOO, as things start to heat up I am slated with events preventing me from time in the woods. Would think i can get a hour or two here and there to get out.