Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Public Land in Pennsylvania and Connecticut >

Public Land in Pennsylvania and Connecticut

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Public Land in Pennsylvania and Connecticut

Old 11-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Spike

Question Public Land in Pennsylvania and Connecticut

I am tired of hunting NY . Not much action in region 3 of the Hudson Valley so I am expanding my borders to NJ,Pennsylvania, and Connecticut. Found public land in NJ but not in Connecticut and Pennsylvania. I use a shotgun,and maybe in the future a bow and rifle. Any help appreciated and links would be nice.
Happy Hunting

Old 11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check the Pennsylvania Game Commision on line. They list all the State Game Lands, State Forests, and State Parks where hunting is allowed. They also have great maps of all the above!

I don't know though, I've seen some good looking bucks that came from NY. Perhaps that's the farming areas where permission to hunt is tough to get?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

for PA
http://pgcmaps.pa.gov/pgcpublicviewer/

personally i would head north in NY,
and find more lands as a res instate
Old 11-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

I too tired of hunting in Zone 3. Being the closest abundant hunting land to the city, it tends to be over-hunted and has been for years (although hunting pressure is certainly declining). I now hunt slightly further west in Zone 4 and I cannot be happier. Much less pressure and much more deer. Some sections have antler restrictions, but not all.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Typical Buck

Can't find Public Land in PA? PA probably has more public land than those other states combined. I would not say we are overrun with deer. I also went to other states (Kentucky,Maryland,West Virginia) years back when the big deer kill off started in the 80's. So did a lot of other hunters. I have to say when you get a bunch of PA hunters concentrated in one area, the deer population drops in a hurry. I can only conclude we are better shots than guys in other states.

Last edited by Gunplummer; 11-22-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: add