Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Rubs Everywhere...But No Scrapes? >

Rubs Everywhere...But No Scrapes?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rubs Everywhere...But No Scrapes?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Spike

Talking Rubs Everywhere...But No Scrapes?

Hey guys, I live in Middle Tennessee. The rut is in full-swing here. I hunt some nice private land with hardwoods, and non-farmed open field. I killed a big 6pt last week, and he was really stinking. I am finding rubs everywhere. New ones pop-up almost every other day. Big trees, small trees, anything they can rub, they will! But I have not found a single scrape! I've walked along the edge of the field, all through th hardwoods, and haven't found a single one. Is this typical, or am I not looking in the right places?
Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they are rubbing the way you describe, then there's scrapes out there as well. You're just not seeing them.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I dunno but here in SWVA where Im hunting the rut is picking up and im seeing a lot of bucks but not many rubs or scrapes myself. I'm haven't been looking for any though but usually notice some here and there. I wouldnt worry about it if ur seeing deer

Last edited by kenified06; 11-18-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't stress it man. Just hunt those rubs!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Fork Horn

I've got scrapes everywhere but no rubs!