Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do i do when deer are constantly being push in neighboring property's >

What do i do when deer are constantly being push in neighboring property's

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do i do when deer are constantly being push in neighboring property's

Old 11-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer will frequent safer areas when hunting pressure is on so make sure your property is less pressured than the state land.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:12 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

In summary, if you don't pressure them, then they should be showing up on your land, more than ever. Designate a place with good cover and stay out of it most of the year. Perhaps put in a food plot near this refuge. If the deer have secure cover and food, they probably won't even leave your property and you will probably start seeing more bucks. Truthfully, I think a lot of us would like to be in your position. My neighbors just hunker down in front of their corn piles. It is not until they bag a few deer and start rummaging around do deer move.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Peppe
create a sanctuary on your land. even a small sanctuary would be ok. Make sure you dont walk through it and allow the deer for them to feel safe in there. When they are driven out of the other property they will head straight for that sanctuary.
Bingo. Not sure how your land is laid out or what you have for cover ect, but make the land you have as inviting as possible. Sometimes it doesn't take much, other times, you might spend a couple years planting shrubs, trees or whatever for cover. I have just 10 acres in the middle of cropland with some wooded areas scattered around. I have been working on my hunting grounds for approx 10 years now and have created a safe zone for pressured deer. While up in my stand, we often see deer that are heavily pursued bolt across the open, plowed agriculture fields and make a bee line for the area I set up just for them. Tall grass, aborvitae trees, apples trees, lots of dogwood, crab apple trees, thick areas of green ash, lilac and honeysuckle. All of the trees I have, except for the fruit, were obtained by our local county extension service. usually 25 small trees, 18-24" for around 25 bucks.

Other than that, take up archery and get a jump start on them with a bow