Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Saw a lady hunter do this on TV..... >

Saw a lady hunter do this on TV.....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Saw a lady hunter do this on TV.....

Old 11-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Saw a lady hunter do this on TV.....

Sad part is she was hunting in IN my home state. Before she walked from the truck to the stand she mentioned that there had been tons of deer in the area and she had been busted going to this particular stand. Next she grabs a full size deer head from a decoy and holds it to her face as she walks to her spot. Private property or not I am not going to walk to my stand during deer season with a decoy head at my face. This was an afternoon hunt so it was daylight. I can't remember which show it was.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

She should have pinned one of them decoy tails to her but for the true effect...
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hang an orange vest on my decoys while 'in transport'. Also paint a blaze orange spot on their side so 'pot shotters' driving around the country don't take a shot at it. Deer haven't seemed to notice the color.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

What's really scary is it isn't just her doing something stupid like this. It's whoever filmed, produced, etc. on this show. None of them apparently though something like this was incredibly foolish and dangerous.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

Was watching a shown the other day and dude was walking out in full camo, no orange, with his rattling antlers slung over his back.

Similarly STUPID!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ehh, think it depends and i might go against the grain on this one. If on private property i wont see the issue. Its your property but you must accept the risk i suppose. Public property no way Jose. Your looking to get shot. Think my only concern is that it was on a hunting show. If it came with an explanation or something and a warning for viewers then I could understand as long as they let their audience understand this could compromise their safety.

The reason i can understand it is i have known a couple buddies in the mid west who say they use those cardboard cutouts when hunting to get close to antelope and mule deer. Some have even walked in next to their horses. I've also seen this on a few shows and it seems to be a tactic developed but you still risk the guy shooting from 400 yards away.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, so she's walking in looking truly stupid with her deer face. She sees a deer. Then what?
Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NEhomer
Ok, so she's walking in looking truly stupid with her deer face. She sees a deer. Then what?
Probably the same thing i have done when walking and had something in my hand. Freeze and after the deer runs off give yourself a good scolding. LOL
Old 11-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
Sad part is she was hunting in IN my home state. Before she walked from the truck to the stand she mentioned that there had been tons of deer in the area and she had been busted going to this particular stand. Next she grabs a full size deer head from a decoy and holds it to her face as she walks to her spot. Private property or not I am not going to walk to my stand during deer season with a decoy head at my face. This was an afternoon hunt so it was daylight. I can't remember which show it was.
was it the gal with long black/dark hair?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Spike

Oh boy. Out here we dress the horses in orange blankets because some of them have been shot through the years. I can't imagine going out during hunting season dressed like a deer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.