Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ever Calm deer herd scent,  any experiences? >

Ever Calm deer herd scent, any experiences?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever Calm deer herd scent, any experiences?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Spike

Default Ever Calm deer herd scent, any experiences?

Has anyone used Ever Calm deer herd scent and what happened?.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Last year, both my son and I had luck with it getting does, one of which walked right by me in a ground blind. My son got his deer from a tree stand. During the rut, however, a very nice buck ID'd me twice in the same area on two occasions when I had it on. Nothing like being in a ground blind and having a big buck staring at you 15 ft away. So for me, mixed results. I don't think it scares deer, but if it allows them to focus on you, that is not so great.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Spike

Default Thanks

I have had similar experience, I have also had big bucks just a few yards away, and feel like if they get that close they have not smelled you, but it will not be to long before they see you. imagine if when you walked into your bedroom there was an item there, that was not in there last time you walked by, it wouldn't be long before you freaked. Thanks again for the post, its great to hear from other hunters.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting, awful expensive though.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I have used it 2 years now and seams to work well. I have had deer come in smell the tree that its on and then bed down. Seems to calm them down,never had them not like the smell..
Old 11-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Spike

Default Me too!

I had a doe come in and lie down this past weekend. I see it went down a dollar in price at academy sports, but still expensive,