Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Just set up a new hunting spot. >

Just set up a new hunting spot.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just set up a new hunting spot.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Well bud those gimicks can hurt you if used wrong.

Forget the decoy and pee. Just go hunt the place. You keep messin around you won't see crap.

Been hunting for 25yrs on my own. Dont use pee and the only decoy I have is for turkeys. My wall has a few nice bucks and my freezer stays full. The "hollywood hunters" well see they get paid to use those products being they are sponsored and all.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

how big is this place?
Old 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
how big is this place?
23 acres man
Old 11-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

If I was hunting where that picture of you was taken. Next year around the end of September I would get that junk out of there, mow that place real pretty, maybe even put a little throw and grow down, then I would set me up a blind in whatever corner of that place the wind calls for. Looks like a really nice, small spot, surrounded by woods. That's the kind of place a buck would feel comfortable feeding before dark. After I got it fixed up I would stay out of there until your ready to sit and hunt it. When you do hunt there spray yourself down real good with scent away.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
23 acres man
Don't over hunt it, and don't let the wind beat you. Many new hunters don't fully understand that the wind can be your best friend, or your worst enemy!!!

Tho that area is larger than where you were hunting, it's still a small area. Take your time, be patient, and make the right decisions based on your natural hunting instincts, not your goals, and desires. I hope you really dig inside yourself and think about that Green Horn. Sometimes ya just have to trust yer instincts... Period.

At this point that's the best advise I've got for ya brother.

Last edited by Lunkerdog; 11-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
23 acres man
better tread very lightly. Not much room for error on 23 acres.

I noticed both deer pictures looked to be running.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Spike

GHH - When you get a deer and have some venison in the freezer do you have a seasoning or rub you recommend?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would hunt it first then try the decoy later.The first hunt I would want it to be just as natural as I could.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
I would hunt it first then try the decoy later.The first hunt I would want it to be just as natural as I could.
I agree with that
Old 11-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, I am going to be going over to the new site here shortly to hunt from 10am-2pm, I am just going to be brining my cellphone on mute, my trail camera, my weapon and a 5 galon bucket to sit on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.