Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What if?

Old 09-30-2003, 05:53 AM
New Sheriff

Default What if?

If I could mass produce a pellet that worked in your corn feeders but had the taste, smell, and nutritional value of a white oak acorn would yall be interested??
I' m talking about EXACTLY if not better, not just throwing it against the wall and seeing if it sticks. This product would more or less be a synthetic white oak acorn.

BTW-I would have to sell it for around $8 per 50lb bag.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What if?

I would give it a try, it needs to be water proof cause alot of feeders don' t have any rain protection and then for guys like me to get it there would be a shipping charge also, Its hard to beat the benefits of plain ol yellow corn though.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:04 AM
New Sheriff

No shipping charges Strut,

I am talking about if you could buy it at Wal Mart or your local Co-op feed store.

..and of course, it will not mildew like corn will.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:06 AM
New Sheriff

Strut,

I don' t know exactly where Alton, MO is or how far it is from the MO/AR line but when I get the first batch made maybe we could meet up and I wil give ya a bag or two to try. It will probably be at least 6 months.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:20 AM

When you say it would have the nutritional value of a white oak acorn, what does that mean? Is it higher in protien than corn? If so, how would it compare to protien pellets?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2003, 07:15 AM

I have to agree with strut, it' s hard to get away from corn. But for $8 I definately try some.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:08 AM
New Sheriff

White Oak acorns are 27% protein, compared to 14% protein in corn. Plus, corn will mildew causing harmful bacteria to develop when the deer/turkeys eat it. If eaten in large enough qty, the bacteria could cause sickness, even death.

Also, I have noticed around here that when the white oak acorns start falling the deer will walk around the corn to get to the acorns.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:58 PM

Heck yeah, if your able to get some out there, i would definately use it.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me know Mr4Pt, we will work something out and you are right about the acorns, when they go to falling around here the feeder gets pretty lonesome.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would certainly be willing to feild test it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.