Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bow or rifle

Old 11-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

As stated.....Bow Hunting takes much more patients,time and skills in order to kill Game with it,but You learn a lot more about Deer with all the extra time You spend in the woods.

Rifle/Gun Hunting still requires Skills to get a Deer but as mentioned You can reach out a lot further while hunting with a Rifle!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
You can reach out a lot further while hunting with a Rifle!
in a nutshell
Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love them both, as well as muzzleloaders, shotguns and pistols...

They all give you a good reason to get in the woods and enjoy what the good Lord gave us...

Just get out there and soak it all in and enjoy!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 AM
Fork Horn

Ford or Chevy, black or blue,muffins or corn bread,shoes or sandals,Kia or Hyundai, Pepsi or Coke, Remington or Winchester, Mathews or Hoyt, Realtree or MossyOak, Compound or Recurve, Jack or Southern, Miller or Budweiser, coffee or tea, Metal or Country ( because there ain't any other kind of music), Blondes or Redheads, Cabelas or BassPro.
I love our choices in the good o'l USA
I say you need to try both! Lol
Old 11-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob1969
Ford or Chevy, black or blue,muffins or corn bread,shoes or sandals,Kia or Hyundai, Pepsi or Coke, Remington or Winchester, Mathews or Hoyt, Realtree or MossyOak, Compound or Recurve, Jack or Southern, Miller or Budweiser, coffee or tea, Metal or Country ( because there ain't any other kind of music), Blondes or Redheads, Cabelas or BassPro.
I love our choices in the good o'l USA
I say you need to try both! Lol
Good morning fellow hunters, I am quoting Rob, Here is my verses in Order.

1.)Toyota, 2.)Carhart 3.)MossyOak 4.)Tenpoint 5.)PileDrivers 6.)Top Point Broad Heads.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed my first season of bowhunting tremendously. That said, what I don't like about it is all the preparation for a specific stand site. With both bow and rifle, you have to find a good tree. But with a bow, you have got to make sure you've got your shooting lanes cut and that can be a lot of work. It sucks if you spend a lot of time prepping a stand site and it turns out not to be productive.

Where I hunt, most shots are within 50 yards bow or rifle, so the "closeness" is not the issue for me. With my muzzleloader, if one spot is not producing, well, I can just take my climber to another promising spot and set up in a tree with good cover. I may have to trim a little here or there, but nothing crazy because I can thread a needle with a gun. I don't have to worry about a small branch or twig because my trajectory is so flat. With a bow, hit a twig you didn't see and you could have a very bad hit on the deer. No fun!

Today I took two does with my muzzleloader. Range was about 35 yards. Now, I didn't have to draw on them, but I had to reload to get the second deer. Reloading a muzzleloader without getting busted ain't easy either!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Banned

I personally like gun hunting. To me it's more exciting when you hear shots close by and you see the deer distances away and are able to get shots off at them