Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rut updates

Old 10-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Spike

Default Rut updates

I just joined the site, but have always found this to be an awesome place to read around. I'm always trying to find updates on the rut around my area. I made a site posting all my updates almost daily of what I'm seeing around WV and OH. The site is grapevineoutdoors.com. If anyone is close to that area, hopefully it can help you out.

Other than that, what kind of activity is everyone seeing around these parts?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Spike

Here in Tennessee, seeing A LOT of rubs, but no scrapes yet. Got a shot at an 8-point Friday morning, but grazed him. There were 2 does that came through, just an hour or so before he did. I think we're just now pre-rutting.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Spike

Default NC Rut

here in NC, the cold snap, has sent the bucks with their noses down and looking for does
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by keatonp
here in NC, the cold snap, has sent the bucks with their noses down and looking for does
Any of those bucks shooters? I'm seeing the same thing up in OH, but only seen small bucks doing so. I do have some shooters on cam with their necks getting big, but they're only moving through at night.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fraley32
Any of those bucks shooters? I'm seeing the same thing up in OH, but only seen small bucks doing so. I do have some shooters on cam with their necks getting big, but they're only moving through at night.
I will let you know. I am heading out to the farm Sat morning and sitting in a stand for the next 10 days.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Southwest Va I sit on a field edge that fills up with does every evening.. 2 nights ago I had 2 small bucks fighting on camera and another small buck with most of his horns broke off. Yesterday evening 12 does came into the field and a small 6 pointer came out and was running them around. Only big mature bucks I have seen was 2 big 8's together on 10/26 about 5 pm. As of right now mature bucks are still laying low with the little bucks getting crazy. I'm not seeing any rubs or scrapes as of yet but I expect the whole game to change any day now.