Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

corn

Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Spike

Default corn

what are you guys paying for corn, its high down here. what would be a cheaper substitute

Last edited by zaboo; 10-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wait, corn prices should be going down here shortly unless its a regional thing. In Illinois and Iowa they are reporting great crops so it should bring the price down. Commodity prices on corn as at a 8 week low right now and just had a recent spike due to the rain hitting the midwest. I think in the next few weeks they should dip a bit when harvesting is in full swing.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Getting cheaper.

Was paying about $10 per 50lb bag just a few weeks ago. Now it's down to about $6.50 a bag. I'm in ky btw.

If your looking to get it cheaper try to find a farmer with some he'd sell or maybe even let you pick some up off the ground from where it was cut and left behind. I actually got lucky this year. My neighbor had two wagons full from last year and is letting me have as much as I want so he can make room for this years.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Several years back I was paying $10 a 100lbs with a $1 rebate if you brought the bag back with you when you were finished and now Im paying $11 a 50lbs bag with no bag return any longer. Its corn for you know whats sake and prices are ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Spike

Getting cheaper.

Was paying about $10 per 50lb bag just a few weeks ago. Now it's down to about $6.50 a bag. I'm in ky btw.

If your looking to get it cheaper try to find a farmer with some he'd sell or maybe even let you pick some up off the ground from where it was cut and left behind. I actually got lucky this year. My neighbor had two wagons full from last year and is letting me have as much as I want so he can make room for this years.
I'm friends with a local farmer who lets me take some of his corn - this works extremely well!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ChasinTail
Getting cheaper.

Send me some haha
Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Spike

got a lead on a gut that will fill a 55 gallon drum for a $1 a gallon