Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BIG body deer pic

Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

I hope you get some more pictures..

You done any scouting around there? Just look for fully grown trees rubbed and broke in half and a tracks that's are 6 inches deep.

The biggest buck I have ever seen was very similar to this one, I got a good look with the binoculars from about 75 yards. Was amazing really. Looked like a bull with antlers. From a distance you could tell the rack was alright, until you looked at it in the binoculars. His mass was absoulutely unreal. The huge body made the rack look so much smaller than it really was from a distance. Good part is that he was about 500 yards from one of my stands.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The trail camera is on a tree right next to one of our tree stands. This deer was standing 20 yards from it.

This is a spot we discovered last summer while scouting. Since then, we've gotten about 10 different bucks on camera. Plus a few bears and a coyote. My buddy saw 5 bucks from that stand in bear season and took a nice 8-pointer out of it in rifle.

Yes, this stand has been thoroughly scouted. The clearing he's standing in, is one of very few in miles of thickly overgrown clear cut. It's swampy in there so the grass stays green longer and trees don't really grow. I think the deer like it as a little staging area.

If I were my buddy, I'd be rattling and grunting from that stand this weekend. He never does that stuff, though. That buck will not back down from many bucks if a fight is brewing. So I wouldn't worry about aggressive calling.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agree, that thing is a whopper....and he looks old. I bet he's 2x the weight of the biggest buck I've ever even seen. Around here a 150lb buck dressed is a monster, and the avg buck dressed is 110-130. Good luck, hope he slips up on you guys.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]Agree, that thing is a whopper....and he looks old. I bet he's 2x the weight of the biggest buck I've ever even seen. Around here a 150lb buck dressed is a monster, and the avg buck dressed is 110-130. Good luck, hope he slips up on you guys. [/qoute]

The biggest buck we have weighed was a buck we called Czonka. We watched him for 8 years and our neighbor finally shot him last year. His live weight was 295-305 pounds. Estimated, obviously, because the guy didn't drag him out with the guts still in him.

This deer is much bigger than Czonka was. I'm thinking he's at least 350lbs. I hope to find out.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, Czonka. I guess you gotta name this one Refrigerator Perry
Old 10-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple names going back and forth are Phat Pig and King Kong Bundy I like the fridge, though. That's good.

I'd be afraid to bowhunt this buck. He may charge like a cape buffalo. Maybe we should wait until rifle season.