Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do you eat/drink before you hunt? >

What do you eat/drink before you hunt?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you eat/drink before you hunt?

Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Default What do you eat/drink before you hunt?

My thing to eat before an evening hunt is simply a butter sandwich - it seems to stick with me and helps ward off cold as temps fall. Also, I bring an apple with me and eat it in the stand. I don't drink anything in the hour or two before heading out, unless it is morning when I will have 1 cup of coffee right when I get up just to ward off a caffeine headache.

Seems to work for me well as I can sit 3+ hours without needing to "go" or "fumigate" the woods.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Am. Cup of coffee and a poptart. Coffee sets up a #2 quick and done before I leave. I take sone nut mix for mid morning.

Afternoon it doesn't matter. Hot I take some water cold I am usually good.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Eating a butter sandwich would make me need to go. Worse part is I would probobly "go" WHILE fumigating.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Eating a butter sandwich would make me need to go. Worse part is I would probobly "go" WHILE fumigating.
So much for scent control . . .

Last edited by MZS; 10-12-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Morning,coffee and oatmeal.Afternoon nothing but water I eat afterwards.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muffin or a breakfast sandwich on the way out to where I hunt. We pick up coffee on the way. In the 10 minutes drive we usually drink a small coffee and then put a large one in our mugs and an hour or so after the sun comes up I'll start to sip on that. I'll also bring a few granola bars to eat in the stand. We usually leave for lunch and then in the evening I have a bottle of water in my pack and maybe a Coke if I need a little caffeine.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oatmeal (maple brown sugar), I will not drink coffee, if I do I will pee allday, but I do take 4 advil before the hunt to ward off any headache from the lack of coffee
Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Morning, breakfast...

Afternoon, lunch.....
Old 10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing. Or left over Pizza. Or left over anything. Raisins and crackers to munch on.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

2 bacon, egg, cheese biscuits, a cup of java before heading out the door, a cup of coffee during the ride. A ham and cheese sandwich along with a couple apples along with a bag of peanuts for sitting in stand. oh forgot a thermos of coffee to keep warm and stay alert thru out the day. Don't worry about going #2, I do that before leaving for day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.