Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Sighting Survey

Old 09-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Spike

Default Deer Sighting Survey

Hey guys, its that time again. Hundreds of people helped out last year and I am hoping for more this year. For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, last year I conducted a little survey of how many and when hunters see deer.
A sample graph from last year looks like this :

Now, I hope that everyone will help out again by going here : www.thehunterseye.com
The survey is quick and simple and doesn' t ask for any personal information (except adding your email is optional). It is a personal sight without advertisers or anything else to keep you from coming back here. Please bookmark it and return as often as possible. You can also see the results from last year from a link on the page above.
Thanks,
Johnnie
Old 10-01-2003, 12:33 AM

Default RE: Deer Sighting Survey

I will fill out your form. This could be useful information, but you must know when these peolpe who answer the questions hunt. If they are like most hunters they only hunt the morning and just before dark. This would not give a true measure of deer movement, only a measure of movement when hunters are out in the field.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Spike

That is EXACTLY right. When I calculate the percentages for each 30 minute time interval, I only use the number of hunters reporting to be in the field at that time slot. So when the graph shows 10% of hunters at noon seeing deer, only 10% of the hunters actually reporting to be in the woods at noon, reported seeing deer. That is not 10% of the overall number of hunters filling out the form. That is why it is VERY important that if you did not hunt during a time slot, you DON' T check any boxes. If you were hunting, you check boxes for the time slots you hunted. IF you don' t check any boxes for a given time slot, you are not used for the calculations for that time slot.

Thanks,
Johnnie
Old 10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Spike

Hey guys, I posted some more graphs on the results page. You can go to www.thehunterseye.com and click " results" or after you submit another days worth of hunting there is a link there also.
Thanks,
Johnnie
Old 10-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Spike

Just wanted to give a little bump and remind you guys to enter this past weekend.

Thanks,
Johnnie