Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shedding velvet

Old 09-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Spike

Default shedding velvet

i have a mineral site with corn and i recently got a picture of a 8 point in the middle of the day. he comes random days but the time is 11am-1pm. other than that he comes 1am-4am regularly in the at night. i want to hunt him in a spot that he comes in the early morning reguralry not randomly like he is at my mineral site. should i walk his trail and look for rubs and scrapes or what. will he rub off his velvet in a place he comes regularly or does he do that randomly?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Fork Horn

I think you need to start sitting from 10-2 and hope he comes in one of the days your there. If you try and get too close to his bedding area you risk bumping him out of the area and never seeing him again in the daylight.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I think you need to start sitting from 10-2 and hope he comes in one of the days your there. If you try and get too close to his bedding area you risk bumping him out of the area and never seeing him again in the daylight.
+1. Don't crowd him anymore than you haft to IMO. I'd just throw up a stand by your mineral site and wait until he comes in from 11-1.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Spike

+1 on what these guys said. Pressuring that one too much will only end with him knowing your after him.