Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stop Shopping at Bass Pro

Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Spike

Default Stop Shopping at Bass Pro

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but just went into Bass Pro online shopping and a pop-up banner came up thanking me for supporting the ASPCA by shopping at Bass Pro; and then disappeared after a few seconds. Why would Bass Pro partner and/or have their name associated with an anti-hunting organization; let alone allow a portion of the money spent go towards its support?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I would ask Bass Pro that exact question while I am willing to bet they do not support that organization but the popup was attached to keywords used to get to the Bass Pro website.

I have seen it more than one time.

Send Bass Pro an e-mail inquiry.

Just my buck 250!
JW
Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, just went there and didnt see anything pop up. Maybe i got a good ad blocker.

Do know Bass Pro headquarters did say they dont support those types of groups in the past.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...-shops-st.aspx

Have you scanned your PC recently.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bonjour...

If you saw it on the Internet, it must be true!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Try some other hunting-related sites - if you get a similar popup then it is very likely you have an animal-rights version of malware. A way to get rid of it is to do a system restore while in SAFE mode. Assuming you do not have Windows 8, you get safe mode by simply pressing your power button in for 10 seconds. Upon restart, you will have the safe mode option and once in safe mode an option for a system restore will pop up. Unfortunately, however, many malware programs will erase previous restore points. Or you could do an anti-virus scan with whatever program you use.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would highly recomend a virus scan first and foremost before ever doing a restore point. That is unless the drivers are affected and your are noticing issue. Malwarebytes is a good program but heard their recent version tries to add third party programs so wont endorse it until i get back in and re verify the accuracy of that statement.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

It is a fact that bass pro credit cards are now through Bank of America, the same bank that after the shootings in December when the president started yelling for strickter gun laws froze some gun manufactures bank accounts because they believed they should'nt be manufacturing and selling those evil black guns. As soon as I learned of this I cancelled my BP account and let bass pro know why. As expected no response from BP. After all Im just 1 customer and dont matter.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, sounds fishy.

Bass Pro associating itself with an anti group?

I doubt it but I could be wrong.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

I personally have met many of the higher ups at BP great group of people who truly believe in our second ammendment and conservation. I would not be so quick to judge internet advertising is often not the choice of the chosen site. We all have the right to buy from wherever we want but BP although like any large company has its flaws truly believes in the hunting tradition gun ownership and family values.

The springfield store just opened an incredible NRA museam and Archery hall of fame.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
It is a fact that bass pro credit cards are now through Bank of America, the same bank that after the shootings in December when the president started yelling for strickter gun laws froze some gun manufactures bank accounts because they believed they should'nt be manufacturing and selling those evil black guns. As soon as I learned of this I cancelled my BP account and let bass pro know why. As expected no response from BP. After all Im just 1 customer and dont matter.
I really think you are misled but who knows. I do not think they would support anti hunting!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.