Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2013 Deer stand

Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2013 Deer stand

I modified a plan I found on the internet to what is shown here...I still have some stuff to do..but for the most part its done..

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Deer stand-deer-blind-1.jpg   2013 Deer stand-deer-blind-2.jpg   2013 Deer stand-deer-blind-3.jpg  

Last edited by Wilcam47; 08-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Spike

Looks pretty good. I have hunted out of one similar to this. It was very comfy. The windows even had glass over them to keep the heat in.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! I am putting window covers in...but not glass just hinged plywood.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Looks good to me. The only knock I would have on it and its from my own mistakes building the same type stand is that it seems you have the roof graded towards what would be considered the front of the blind. If you dont plan on hunting in foul weather then its no problem but if you do I can tell you now its a real pain when the water is pouring off the roof right in front of you where you suspect most of your shots will be. That would be the only advice I have for you and other than that it looks great. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks really nice.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Fork Horn

looks good crazy seeing box blinds out that way im from Oregon first time I hunted here in tx I had no clue what a box blind was lol little trick also thicker window seals and one of those ,blind shooting bags give u a awesome shooting platform and netting to block out your outline
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like how open it is....great for Rifle or Bow Hunting!

As mentioned....some Camo material would hide Your Body outline and any movement.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all! The last pic is facing the front..its hard to tell the angles..but the roof does tilt back...my only concern is the rain/snow sliding off and hitting/freezing on the stairs I am going to put up...Its mainly going to be for crossbow and rifle...I have this one up hill from where the wood stand is....Im gonna try and get one with my compound bow out of here...if that doesn't work I will get my muzzle loader well I have good trails coming through the bottom of my land where this stand is...may as well try to make good use or kill a deer out of it...its all in hopes to get my "EMO-teen step-daughter" into hunting...all I can say is I'm trying to get her into something that doesn't involve stupid facebook or self-pity...lol

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Deer stand-ladder-stand.jpg  

Last edited by Wilcam47; 08-19-2013 at 07:56 PM.