Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Flashlight or no flashlight walking to your stand? >

Flashlight or no flashlight walking to your stand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Flashlight or no flashlight walking to your stand?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:04 PM
Spike

Default Flashlight or no flashlight walking to your stand?

Hey y'all! Do y'all use a flashlight wslking to or from your stand in the dark? Any specific colored LED lights you use? Thanks y'all!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

they have flashlights that have red led's supposed to not scare off the deer...they seemed to work...but they still get spooked with the noise you make LOL best thing to do is be quiet as possible and get in the stand 1 to 1.5 hrs before sunrise...let things settle and hope for the best!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a flashlight with a red lens, I can usually get around pretty well with that, but like Wilcam said, I usually go in extra early to let things settle a bit.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just use the regular color headlamp...I want other hunters to see me as well...

I'm not too worried about spooking deer after dark...
Old 08-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Flashlight is a must. I dont think a red lens matters. And if your light isn't easy to change bulbs in pitch dark stick a little bitty flashlight in the pack as a spare.

I found out the hard way that its almost impossible to change the bulb on a mini mag lite in the dark without an alternate light source.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

get in the stand 1 to 1.5 hrs before sunrise
I have a tough time doing this. Already cold, hungry and tired before the hunt even starts.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rarely ever use a light. And if I do, its a small red lensed one in my hand and kept/pointed mainly to the ground. I try to get to my stand mainly an hour before hunting.

Last edited by SecondChance; 08-26-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a head light with a red led,if it's foggy I just change it to the white light.I think the noise of me stumbling around scares deer more than the light.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

I avoid using a light as much as possible -- just don't seem right sneaking into the woods but shining a light all over the place -- I do carry one with me though, just in case, which is usually a red lens.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Spike

I use the Primos Mini Bloodhunter Plus. It has the red light, green light and is also a regular flash light. I really don't think it helps you find blood but it is a great flashlight. It was around $40.00 but well worth the money. I always use it going to and coming from the stand in the dark. Really bright for tracking in the dark. I'm really happy with mine. Joe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.