Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ozonics?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Spike

my thought is anyone will say anything if the money is right.The thing is the deer could be busting you and you dont even know it if you knew there was a 200 inch buck in the area would you trust it to hunt that deer not caring what the wind was doing or would you just hunt the wind?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

IMO this technology doesn't work in hunting situations. A quick internet search will reveal much supporting evidence of my hypothesis.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If j Gregory is endorsing it its gotta be a gimmick lol that guy is a clown... Looks like he has been to hair club for men lol
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Spike

Save yourself the 300 or 400, whatever it is, and just hunt the wind and use cover scents. Put the money into better stands or a better hunting rig.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, save yourself the money. I have been hunting out of fifteen foot ladder stands for years with no cover scent, just staying down wind. I have had many deer come in behind me and the only times I was busted was just a couple of times the wind happened to be swirriling to the deer. I do use scent free soap and detergent and hang my clothes outside to dry, but thats pretty much it. Go up higher in a stand than I do and I would not worry about scent much at all if you are down wind. Go kill one!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simply hunting downwind does the same thing for free.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Spike

It works! I used it a lot last year. I was sold on after reading about it on Fox News and they were worried about it throwing off drug dogs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/
Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by always4wheelin2
It works! I used it a lot last year. I was sold on after reading about it on Fox News and they were worried about it throwing off drug dogs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/
I have a surprise for you.

The nose of a whitetail deer has up to 297 million olfactory receptors, dogs have 220 million.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Ozone generating devices (Ozonics) will chemically destroy human odor molecules as well as airborne bacteria and viruses (many doctor's offices use them in waiting rooms)...

The battery powered ones should work well in an enclosed blind (limited area)...in open air, the effect may not be worth the effort...

Whether the cost vs benefit and willingness to carry the device is up to you...

I do not use one as I always position my stands according to the wind direction (preferably in areas where deer cannot get down wind of me)... One other minor note is that I have had amazing luck with the deer that do get down wind of me in the last couple of years when I have been using a Thermocell...
Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

I have used them in the stand and they work great. They also have the system with the big cloths bag that takes the scent out of your hunting clothes