Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Passing On The Small Bucks = This >

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Passing On The Small Bucks = This

Two years ago I began to get pictures of a nice little 8 pointer maybe 1 1/2 years old which I posted in a thread then. I have not seen him but once since then and he was growing wider and taller. I checked my trail cam the other day and got a picture of the biggest Buck I have ever gotten on camera and after some comparrison photos of the 8 and him he just might be the little 8 from years ago. I think you will agree he has become a dandy 3 1/2 or 4 year old. I don't think it is wrong by any means to shoot the small guys but I by preference let smaller Bucks walk. Let me know what you think this Buck may score with 7 or 8 weeks to grow yet and how old you think he is. The date settings are wrong they don't function on my camera. See my Thread My Little 8 for a comparrison and let me know what ya think if maybe he has become this big boy.
Attached Thumbnails Passing On The Small Bucks = This-493.jpg   Passing On The Small Bucks = This-527.jpg   Passing On The Small Bucks = This-528.jpg   Passing On The Small Bucks = This-529.jpg  

Last edited by doetrain; 07-09-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey... he's sticking his tongue out at you.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Hey... he's sticking his tongue out at you.

He's gotta attitude for sure! I'll be the first to admit taking a Buck like this is beyond my skill level or luck it seems thus far in my hunting career. But I might get lucky and get one of these 3 this year. I work hard at it and do all I havelearned to do thus far from some pretty good hunters I hunt with.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

That's a good looking buck! Kudos on waiting.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Id' say from the looks of his body that's he's 3 1/2 and no more than 4 1/2. If his tines contiinue to lengthen like they should with quite a few weeks to go I'd say he might hit 160". He sure has some nice brows!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:57 AM
Spike

Hey Doetrain,
You're right across the river from where I work. Where is this magical deer place, if you choose to release the info?

Looking forward to the bridge traffic?

Have a good one and nice pics.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

What's all this "LIKE" crappola that is suddenly sprouting up all over the posts and taking up twice the space on a thread than is needed? If I wanted to be on Facebook, which I don't, to "LIKE" something or somebody I'd go there, LOL! IMHO it makes a good hunting website look like a little kids playground, LOL!!! I hope all of you "LIKE" this post!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
What's all this "LIKE" crappola that is suddenly sprouting up all over the posts and taking up twice the space on a thread than is needed? If I wanted to be on Facebook, which I don't, to "LIKE" something or somebody I'd go there, LOL! IMHO it makes a good hunting website look like a little kids playground, LOL!!! I hope all of you "LIKE" this post!
Why so angry?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice deer looks like a real healthy 3 1/2 year old with excellent horn to body weight growth.
Where I hunt the fellow has a 15" spread requirement and if you don't adhere to his policy you're out. Pretty simple.
daddus
but it has given me thrilling moments where I can watch a buck without the pressure of harvest.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BlueGrass Man
Hey Doetrain,
You're right across the river from where I work. Where is this magical deer place, if you choose to release the info?

Looking forward to the bridge traffic?

Have a good one and nice pics.
I don't mind telling you where thses Bucks are. They are located in the Hoosier National Forest not on private property even though they are filmed on private property but they retreat back into the forest every night. Payneville is where Webbs Butcher Block is located right? Good eats there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.