Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com >

My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com

Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com

I sent in a few pictures of my 4 best bucks, and few trail cam pictures to have them scored, so far I got one score back today. This buck I took a few years ago in Illinois with my H&R Ultra Deluxe 20ga. shotgun. Now I had it scored by two people and they aren't certified scorers but they each came out with a rough score of 130", but this is the second time that buckscore.com measured this buck and it came out with roughly the same score. The link just above the picture is the link for the score sheet. I'm not sure how accurate buckscore.com is, but it's telling two times the score is 20 plus inches bigger then the two scores I got from two people measuring it

http://community.dee...a6ba484c6a4.pdf

Attached Thumbnails My Buck Scored By BuckScore.com-0814001137.jpg  

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 06-05-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a little bit baffled at your post as to how they could score that rack without doing a hands on measurement if that's what you're saying. That is no better than us looking at the picture and getting into arguments like we do here sometimes. The buck does look better than 130", but pictures can be very deceiving.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Topgun, I really have no idea how it works but I assume the computer program takes the measurements then it adds it up. I sent in a few more pictures of other deer and still waiting for the reply, I have an idea on the size of those deer, if buckscore.com is near the score of the other deer then I will think this score is accurate ....... Time will only tell
Old 06-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a bunch of baloney to me as there is no way you can score an animal without doing an actual hands on measurement. No way, no how!!! I wondered how in the world those measurements on the sheet were to four decimal places, LOL!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Spike

A nice buck either way, no matter which score is accurate.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by badlandsgunner
A nice buck either way, no matter which score is accurate.
***No argument with that statement at all! I just went into that website and watched the video of how they do it with a computer software program. I will still call baloney after watching as IMHO there are too many variables that they are using to come up with that program. If you have that mount, why not follow the B&C instructions and do a hands on yourself? It's not that hard to do a score and you should come close by doing it yourself. Please try it and let us know what you come with. If it's close to what they say, I'll eat crow! I'm pretty good at it too, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with TG on this. There is no way you can accurately score a rack without measuring it by hand. I can look at a rack and guess the score, but is that accurate? I believe the scoring website is just a guesstimate. I would want more of an accurate score. I score my deer myself. I then sometimes take them to a local sporting goods store and have them measure them. We are always pretty close. Of course I take the higher score, and usually it's them with the higher score
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the buck looks more like a 150 class than a 130. I lending more credibility to buckscore than to your buddies.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I agree totally with Roger that your buck is way closer to the 150 mark than the 130 mark. I have 2 8 points in the upper 120's to maybe 130 and look alot like your deer without the G4's. Nice deer and juxt my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.