Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Control Products

Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Spike

Default Scent Control Products

Hey ya'll. What brand scent control products do you guys use and why? Don't give me the curmudgeonly response of "play the wind." We all know to play the wind. I strictly am curious as to why people make purchases of certain brands. Is it cost, marketing, packaging, name of the brand, celebrity endorsements? There's a lot of brands out there. Just curious here...Thanks and I hope everyone's off-season is moving quickly. Too slow here...
Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wash my stuff in baking soda.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Spike

Do you wash and spray with that too?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

I use a Scent Killer type product. It is odorless, cheap (less than a few dollars per year), and seems to help. I spray my clothes hat and boots with it.

Also, I store my clothes away from odors in an outside open shed that has no gas motors inside.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arm & Hammer! Baking Soda, you can pay a lot more, but you won't get a lot more!
Old 05-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny, I spend a week in the woods at our cabin down in eastern NC...Sometimes it's a couple of days before I can take a shower outside...Thankfully, I've hunted these farms since the 60s and know where the deer come from and what the currents do...

I play the wind...

Never spent any money on scent control....
Old 05-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scent away for my cloths when I'm at my camp and I use Arm and Hammer to wash my cloths.Why it works,that's all I need.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

The new product I just found out about is Scent Killer 99% - anybody try this?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Spike

No impact by buckmaker. Their a new company out of GA. www.buckmakerscents.com I love their stuff, I posted a video on this forum a few days ago they just came out with
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I had last season(I think)I like it because I can't shower so I strip down and spray my body with it(in camp lol)seems to work.Of coarse that's fun on a 30 degree morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.