Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Lock w/ Under Armor

Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Spike

Default Scent Lock w/ Under Armor

Hi all I got the base 4.0 under armor base layer and I also got the full season scent lok suit, can I use under armor as a baselayer or is it better to have a scent control base layer? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Most of the guys on here don't believe in scent clothes so you are going to get a lot of mixed answers. As for me that is my exact set up. I use my scent suit all year long so I bought a light weight version for spring and early fall, then when the weather turns a little colder I will wear the under armor underneath.

When it gets really cold, I will wear my overalls over my scent suit. I just try to keep the overalls away from human odors as possible before I put them on.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Spike

I have worn UA and several other base layers including Scent Lok under my Full Season suit and have not seen a difference.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the "scent lok is a gimmick" crowd, so I would say, whatever is most comfortable and suits the weather best is going to be the best for you.