Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree stands or ground blinds?

Old 04-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found that ground blinds work very well near food plots where You know the Deer will be going to or if You don't have a lot of good tree's to use where Your wanting to set up and Hunt just be sure to Camo it in well with the surroundings Your hunting around other wise a ladder stand is even better to get You up off the ground.....use both to help You while Bow Hunting.

Its nice to have a ground blind when its raining or snowing or when its very cold out and You need some cover to block all that cold wind and the ladder stands kep You and Your scent up higher and less detected in other conditions.I have many ladder stands,a climbing stand and a ground blind along with a few elevated box blinds...keep Your options open and Your mind so Your not limited to 1 style of Hunting options!

As Psylocide mentioned...Still Hunting is another options that works when done correctly!