Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now >

Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well I guess I'm a corn hunter now

Old 04-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Spike

Daddus....I hear ya....

Y'all have some real winners on this site..I thought the poor fella would catch a clue when I told him to have a nice day...as in.....I was done with him....but then he started stalking me....good grief.
Giant Nontypical

daddus1---I think there is only one kid that's short are in a knot, LOL! I see you pretty much stated the same as I have on feeders. I would only add one more thing and that is that ther is a slim chance that if the rut is going on during a hunting season a guy might get lucky and have a good buck come in after a doe that is hanging around a feeder. Most of the time if a good one comes in at all it will be druing the night and al you'll get is a trailcam picture. I don't use those either, but they seem to be the rage nowadays.
Spike

Originally Posted by 700
Deepsouth,
Whats the difference in a guy sitting next to a 1500 acres cornfield and killing a buck as he walks out or a feeder with CORN in it..
It makes it tough to throw the first stone at someone who has a feeder on their property.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Spike

You must have mis read what he asked...nobody threw a stone...read it again.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 700
When I said don't pm me anymore... I mean just that..end of story.go find someone else to go harass ....I wont say it again.
The real end of the story is if you don't want to read my posts that may differ from your expert opinions, then use your ingore feature since you and your physical threats don't scare me in the least!!! PS: And YOU talk about someone hijacking a thread, LOL!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Spike

good grief - will it ever end...no wonder Im getting all the PM's about you ....holy crap your a persistent little fella - I will say that,You must just really be bored..I will take that into acct and move on.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Aside from all the arguing O.P. I have hunted over bait for years. It works but you will be hard pressed to shoot something to put on a wall. A doe, fawns and little bucks so dumb you can talk to them just before drawing back to put an arrow in their ribs. I've done it. If ya want meat,,, ok. You will be bored of it if you are any kind of hunter looking for a mature buck. The only time it seems to be worth my time is when there is no other bait in the woods ( midweek) and when the weather really starts getting nasty. Like up in northern Wis. when a front comes in, every deer in the woods know where the corn pile are on the weekends because that's when the weekenders are out there putting out bait piles. You will notice deer sightings go to almost nothing on weekends. They will come in for corn 2hrs after sundown, eat off and on all night till just before daylight. Then to sit with a full belly inder the pines, out of the wind and in the sunlight where they can rest. They move very little in the day in this case. When the corn dries up by midweek ( 2 gal. limit in Wisconsin) and you are putting out corn midweek every deer knows you have corn out and they will come like crazy if the weather is ready to get nasty, like a drop in temps, snow storms combined with the rut you will see deer. The older buck will hold off the corn pile till dark every night, even before a storm. You are better offin the long run saving your money and hunting thick trails newr food. We went back to just natural hunting with a bit of Tinks 69 here and there, being mobile, changing stands every day. One thing I can say about bait, you get a lot of time for a nice shot. It is mostly a kids why of hunting though.. Also, we can hunt right over the bait though, you can't.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great post ihookem1! That's basically the real poop on bait piles in a nutshell. As far as the previous post to yours ---Getting all the PMs from who when there haven't been enough views today on this thread to hardly even get any posts, LOL. Peace to ya Bro and Get over it!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Spike

.you wanted some attention ...and now you got some...I hooked you up with the owner of the site...maybe HE can give you the attention you so desperately desire.Your problems started on the El Cazador post..that's when everyone started sending me PM'S about you...im old and dont have time for stupidity...this is the 2nd thread you have hijacked ...your not impressing me or anybody else for that matter.

Last edited by 700; 04-21-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: GP
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 700
.you wanted some attention ...and now you got some...I hooked you up with the owner of the site...maybe HE can give you the attention you so desperately desire.Your problems started on the El Cazador post..that's when everyone started sending me PM'S about you...im old and dont have time for stupidity...this is the 2nd thread you have hijacked ...your not impressing me or anybody else for that matter.
***Please get a life, as a couple of times I've quit and you're the one that's hijacking this post and keeps making post after post keeping this BS going!!! There also weren't enough views on that thread late last night or this morning on either to warrant what you stated. I have my views and it seems that you don't like them. If you recieved one I can guess who sent it very easily. As I stated before, a forum is for exchanging of views and you may not like all of them when they disagree with you. That is all Iv;e done is disagree with you and you don't like it. Sorry, and that's your prerogative, but to keep up what you're doing is more than childish and if you ran to the Administrator when I already said this was over it shows a lot about your lack of character! Now go in Peace and let it be!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.