Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

All Bucks Have Disappeared

Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default All Bucks Have Disappeared

Since about Mid to late November I have not gotten any of my bucks on camera. Privately hunted woods that holds the deer all year not just during rut. I have since had camera's in six different "hot" spots that always get great activity, but now I'm getting nothing but does and small yearlings. Just moved camera's to two new spots that look enticing and hoping that I find them. Any suggestions on where they have gone?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Mine did the same thing, the best thing I could come up with is "Welp, there is always next year, hope the 10 survived."
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default All tuckered out.....

What happens after the rut is the bucks will lay up. They recover after burning all their fat and nutrients chasing doe for about a month. They stay down only rarely feeding at night at or near their beds. They should be coming around any day now, I've sighted a couple of 8 points that come around my land just the other day. Another thing to consider is successful hunters bagging some of them. You'll find a lull in late October also as their bodies go thru a change from summer to winter.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Spike

Season goes out here in five days. After that going to add a nice pile of corn and rice bran in front of camera and see if I can't draw a few of those big guys out of hiding for confirmation they're still waiting on me for next year.