Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Legality Question

Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Agreed

Doing it the right way (in full respect of the law) may result on the loss of that deer to the hunter.

There is that old saying, "better to beg forgiveness than to ask and get denied". That has risks.

Lots of variable involved here too. If you ask a local LEO, they just might walk up on the animal, put a round into it's head and say, "here".

Then again maybe not. I doubt a Game LEO would do that. Then again, it certainly depends on where this occurs.

Tough sitch for sure.

I'd probably try to 'Operate in the Gray Area" on this one, depending on where that deer laid up.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Regardless poaching is a epidimic and many states are getting more involved and more strict with there penalties. Now If I was the land owner I would call the Fish and game firsts. Local Law normlaly sees this kind of incidents as benifth them in many case and do not do there best to take care of it. Fish and game wardens are better used and can make the guys days more miserable then most local law will in my past experinces.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

My gut tells me trespassing, and poaching.

That's what it would be in Colorado, and it's a felony.