Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Finished outfitting the family. >

Finished outfitting the family.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finished outfitting the family.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default Finished outfitting the family.

Well, my wife got her left handed .270 for Christmas that she has been asking for. She only started hunting last year and was using her son's .270. Although she did not get a deer this year, she has the best record in the family. One shot, One 5x6 mule deer buck last year at 180 yards. She is right handed but left eye dominant so feels more comfortable shooting left handed. Our youngest son who just turned 12 (minimum age to buy hunting licenses in Montana) also got a new .270. What did I get? I got exactly what I asked for. A new reloading kit so that I can start reloading ammo for the 5 people in our house who hunt now. Guess I should have also asked my wife to buy me all the powder, bullets, brass, primers,and so on that I will need over the next year or so. Oh well, hope all of you had a great Christmas and a happy new year.