Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need Help, quickly!!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Spike

Default Need Help, quickly!!!!

Savage 220F in Camo & what scope, or the H&R U/S 20 and what scope, or the Mossberg 500 and what scope?

All for the same purpose. Long shots past Buckshot range.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

My choice would be the Savage 220. I have seen only one of these and did not shoot it. But was at range when my buddy did. I do not know what ammo he was using. He had a Nikon "Buck Masters" scope on his. Groups were well under 2 MOA and very consistent. I'd recommend a 3x-9x40 mm Ziess Conquest with a German #4 reticule as a scope choice.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

All good chices & I have all 3. Savage is my favorite & most accurate the H&R is just a tad behind they both wear Leupold VX-II 3-9x40. The Mossber has a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 all 3 shoot the Remington Accutip 3" . If you get the Savage look into the DNZ 1 piece scope counts
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you say a Moss. Do you mean the Trophy Slugster with cantilever scope mount? if so, I have one and it REALLY shoots good with Fed. Barnes Expanders. BUT, if I had all 3 on a table and could walk with want I wanted, I would take the 220 and drop Burris glass on it.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Mossberg action seems sloppy to me. I don't like them. If you are getting a pump action shotgun, buy a Remington 870 instead.