Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Which Camo

Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Spike

Default Which Camo

Hey for Northern WI which is a good camo for scent lok? Verigo Grey, Mossy Oak Real Tree Infinity etc. I want something good for early and late season.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Check out Predator Camo.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Charlie P
Check out Predator Camo.
+1, Big fan here.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ASAT. Best camo pattern on the market, bar none. Mossy Oak, Realtree, etc do nothing for you as far as deer are concerned. They do not break up your outline. I have had deer looking right thru me from 5 yards away on the ground. You have to remember that deer do not see the way we do.

But, check out these pics with your human eyes:

Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
ASAT. Best camo pattern on the market, bar none. Mossy Oak, Realtree, etc do nothing for you as far as deer are concerned. They do not break up your outline. I have had deer looking right thru me from 5 yards away on the ground. You have to remember that deer do not see the way we do.

But, check out these pics with your human eyes:

Wow! Incredible camo. Looks like a ghilly suit. Is this what you use?
Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Hunt the wind & forget the camo. A deer's eyes are easy to fool, their nose is another matter all together!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Spike

Scent Lok doesn't carry Predator Camo, wish they did. I think I will go with Verigo Grey, I liked what you said about mossy oak not being camo for deer but for us. Made me think and it makes sense. If anyone knows where I can get Predator camo please say.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can go to their website http://www.predatorcamo.com/ they have a store online and they have a store finder on there. I wouldn't worry to much about scent loc.

Last edited by Charlie P; 12-15-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Use First Lite merino wool for your baselayers and you won't have to worry about scent lock. You can go to the ASAT store for their own stuff, but you can also go to Day One Camo as they offer the pattern as well. The latter company's clothing is made in the US. I think they also offer Scent Lok lining if that's your thing.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
Hunt the wind & forget the camo. A deer's eyes are easy to fool, their nose is another matter all together!
It depends on whether or not you are in a tree. If you do a lot of stillhunting, the deer will pick out your outline. They may not know you are human if you don't move, but they for sure will realize something is out of place and will pay extra close attention to it (you).

I agree with hunting the wind. I do hang my clothes outside to keep them as odor free as possible. You can't fool a deer's nose if he is downwind of you, but I think every little bit helps when you have days where the wind simply won't make up its mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.