Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

No deer!!!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Angry No deer!!!!!

I'm hunting public hunting grounds here in Southern Maryland. I hunt both shotgun and muzzleloader seasons. Today I sat in my stand for 9-hours and didn't see any deer and I heard no shots ring out through out the park. I'll try again tomorrow morning. Hopefully, all this rain we're having tonight will change their patterns.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, as it only takes a couple seconds and a squeeze of the trigger to change that luck around!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Spike

Not much action in the southern Maryland parts I hunt either. I don't know whats going on. Deer just aren't moving during the day.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Fork Horn

Alot of the other hunters in the area that I've been talking to have been having the same problem.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt the thick stuff...They are probably holding tight because of the hunting pressure. Unless someone get them moving they will probably hang tight in that stuff. So if you can get near on in some think stuff you may have a better chance.

I killed my but after seeing nothing for a couple days...I saw the buck maybe 20 -30 seconds before I shot him....Keep it up.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

No deer here in minnesota, been hunting our Muzzy season for 16 days, only nice deer being taken are well after dark, Minnesota law regarding poaching is pretty lax.