Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is this real?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It actually is a real animal and a real kill. Just too bad it was killed in a high fenced area where ever trophy shot is 200-300+ inches that cost a crap ton of money.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something else..

Even though this farm is all high fenced and deer are bred and fed to be big, its kind of cool looking back in there trophy gallery from 1999 to 2012. Its crazy at how much new discoveries/technology and can do to the deer in just 10 years.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Its real. I seen it in a hunting magizine a few years back.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now heres a real monster shot in WI this year.
Attached Thumbnails Is this real?-wisconsinbucktease.jpg  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Spike

wow thats a pig! so is a deer raised in a pen/fenced in like that eligible for boone and crockett? like in a legitimacy standing?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

I knew it was fake.....looks as big as a bull.....LOL
Old 12-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
At some point will hunters draw the conclusion that a long hunting career is more than trophies.
Truer words were never spoken. It does give ma an idea to become a billionare though. I should make some pills or powder and sell it. I will claim it makes bucks grow horns twice as big. Just sprinke it on some salt blacks and whammo. It will sell like weight loss pills at an obese womens club faster than you can slap a tick!! Or I should get some land and inject tons of protien in them that their horns become freaks of nature. " Hunters" will pay me thousands for the bragging rights to pull the trigger with pics... Can I just ask one question?? Why is it the horns that make the buck?? All I hear is "WHAT WILL IT SCORE???" Ya know what,, An old big woods doe is harder to hunt than any big farm country buck any day. This big buck stuff is way out of hand.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HONKERS
I knew it was fake.....looks as big as a bull.....LOL

But it's not fake, just not naturally occurring.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default Reminds me...

Originally Posted by ihookem1
Truer words were never spoken. It does give ma an idea to become a billionare though. I should make some pills or powder and sell it. I will claim it makes bucks grow horns twice as big. Just sprinke it on some salt blacks and whammo. It will sell like weight loss pills at an obese womens club faster than you can slap a tick!! Or I should get some land and inject tons of protien in them that their horns become freaks of nature. " Hunters" will pay me thousands for the bragging rights to pull the trigger with pics... Can I just ask one question?? Why is it the horns that make the buck?? All I hear is "WHAT WILL IT SCORE???" Ya know what,, An old big woods doe is harder to hunt than any big farm country buck any day. This big buck stuff is way out of hand.
This reminds me of an Old Woodsman's advice: Find the Does and you'll find your Buck. Those mature bucks will be tending does and the does will be looking to avoid predators. Kind-of works out for the bucks following estrous does or ones that have yet to come into estrous.

I always hunt to find does. It's basic and instinctive. Just what the Doctor ordered.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
nope! pen raised go in SCI books, if you read about a native north american game animal registering in the SCI books its pen raised
RR
thanks for the answer, good to know!