Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Ever hate yourself after killing a deer? >

Ever hate yourself after killing a deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever hate yourself after killing a deer?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tags

For clarity:

Some states don't mind if you use someone else's tag. They can legally sign their tag over to you after the shot.

IDK if his state employs this management technique but some do.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

"so because I have a medical condition that requires me to take medication I shouldnt hunt? What kind of ****ing ******* are you. You are the type of person that gives hunters a bad name. ****ing dick go fall out of your tree stand."

Read the posts again dude, as I wasn't the only one who said they didn't want to be around a person that needed meds like you do while you have a loaded gun in your hands! With the above response using vulgarity that is starred out and is also a violation of the site rules is a good example of the fact that you obviously have problems and can't control yourself without meds! I may be a dick in your eyes, but I'm a safe one that won't kill somebody because I need medication to hit what I'm aiming at!!! And what's with the statement that you haven't even had a license for the last 12 years? Do you have a legal exemption or are you also a plain and outright poacher that is dumb enough to state that right out on the net too!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-02-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where I live every redneck shoots anything with horns. If a magical talking unicorn that granted wishes walked out of the woods someone would shoot it. I let 6 points and under walk unless the deer is obviously injured. I have accidentally shot spikes before but their antlers were so small I couldnt even put my fist around them and they were feeding with does so I just shot the biggest body in the group. They all had their heads down and when they looked up I never saw antlers on any of them so just assumed they were all does.

Anyone that says they shot a 4 point thinking it was a doe is just full of ****. Either that or your scope sucks and you need your eyes checked. I can count the points on a rack at 400 yards and probably more with my 12x50 Nikons. If you cant tell what you are shooting at then you dont shoot. Thats the way I was brought up to hunt.

Also I can understand hunting for meat so why shoot any bucks at all then if you only want the meat? I find does taste better anyways. Also most places have a doe imbalance anyways so why not just shoot does? Hell Im still eating deer meat from last year and I only killed 4(2 bucks and 2 does) and have already shot a doe and a nice 7 pointer this year so I have even more meat now. If people are so impatient they cant wait for a doe to walk out during a 2-4 month, or however long your season is, and would rather shoot baby bucks then go find another hobby. When I take a deer to the processing plant and see some idiot gloating over his 115 pound 4 pointer I feel like punching him. Hell I have passed on three 8 pointers this year and we still have 7 weeks left in the season and yet people feel the need to shoot young 4 pointers? Seriously just quit hunting. They have limits on fish I dont see why there arent any on bucks.
Last edited by Cypress32; 11-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Cypress, LOL
Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

by the way that was a quote from PUNK cypress a month ago.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

It happens, but maybe you shouldn't be shooting 147 yards if your not sure if its a doe or buck.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

You need more range time man. Also maybe a single shot rifle or muzzleloader... Then you will be more patient with your shots if you only have one...

I don't think I've missed 8 deer in my life let alone one season.

Have some respect for the animal that YOU pulled the trigger on... big or small you killed it. Be happy with it. It ain't about antlers anyway. That's just how it is on the TV...

BTW... I too have shot a spike I thought was a doe. one antler was 2 5/8 in long the other 3 1/8... anything over 3 is a buck, so I tagged it as such happily. Still have his lil rack in my office...
Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default 8 deer in a row

Reading the OP - Ya know how sometimes your mind just clamps on a sentence or a phrase. Well I did on that 2nd sentence!

How did you miss 8 deer in a row?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Spike

Cypress32, Things like this have happened to everyone. I don't know about the 8 misses, but shooting something that wasn't what you thought. three weeks ago, I needed a doe down in order tohunt another buck. So, I went to my honey hole where i hunt for meat (doe). I had a four point walk up ten feet form my ground blind and laughed my ass off on how ignorant he was that I was there. I even told him calmly to leave and he just looked at me. LOL. Then a half hour later a "doe" walked out into the feild. I scoped him hard, because he acted silly, like a young buck, but I saw no ding-a-ling and no bumps on his head at all. He was a big bodied deer, later I found out 132lb dressed, which is average on this property. I dropped him in his tracls, walked up and instantly saw she was a he. Horrible feeling in my gut, of course, but it's one of those things that you have to deal with and decide if the sport is worth it to you to continue on. Fortunatly for me, this deer was considered, legally in VA as an "antlerless" deer which allowed me to tag him as such and move on to the big woods for another buck. Chin up. you are still maintaining deer management.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.