Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Should I hunt youth weekend or leave it for the kiddies? >

Should I hunt youth weekend or leave it for the kiddies?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Should I hunt youth weekend or leave it for the kiddies?

Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Should I hunt youth weekend or leave it for the kiddies?

Where I hunt there is a lot of pressure... and I mean A LOT. Its not uncommon to run into a few people on my property while hunting (1300 acres) but the area I'm in every piece of property is hunted and it seems like gun season is the worst time of all.

That being said, this coming weekend is youth gun season and then next week and weekend is adult gun season. I haven't been out the past few weeks because I lost my hunting license and tags (Long story), and this is the first weekend I will have the opportunity to hunt.

Should I bow hunt this weekend or just wait and gun hunt next weekend? I normally take out a friend of mines son but he is going with his uncle this year so I have an open weekend. I'm worried the pressure will be too high to bow hunt, not to mention I don't want to be a spoiler if anyone has their kids out there hunting.

What should I do? Its been a few weeks so i'm itching to hit the woods, but I can wait another week if I need to.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

With no young one to take out i,d go myself. Shooting a deer as always is up to you but the sooner i get time hunting the sooner my senses wake up and i get used to seeing deer with out getting to excited.
Kids can hunt when regular season opens to if they want to even things up!
Glad you took a youth out in the past. thanks.