Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
No luck yesterday but nice to get in the woods (Pics) >

No luck yesterday but nice to get in the woods (Pics)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

No luck yesterday but nice to get in the woods (Pics)

Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default No luck yesterday but nice to get in the woods (Pics)

So my dad and I went hunting yesterday for the first time this season. We've both have been so busy with work and hadn't had a chance to get out. It sure was nice to be one with nature. Love being in that treestand.

We got settled in our stands at 6:30, and at about 9:30 my dad had 6 doe and a buck run right underneath his stand. The buck was only a 6 pointer, and where we hunt it's illegal to harvest anything under 8. He never had a shot at any of the doe because they were all staring at him.

He texted me to let me know they were headed my way. Sure enough 3 of the 6 doe walked about 10 yds. from my stand. I didn't want to shoot the adolescent doe, and never had a shot at the mature doe. I watched them all wonder off into the distance.

Although we didn't come home with anything, it was sure nice to get in the woods and away from the city for the day.

I took some photos yesterday while in my stand, and wanted to share them with you all. My dad and I hunt in Warrenton, MO (Waren County) and that's where these were taken.

Last edited by HuntMO; 11-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

cool pics..im gonna be in the woods all day friday..cant wait!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Great post,good times and some deer watching to boot!