Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!? >

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Not being there to see the actual wound it’s hard to make a decision. How long was it before they came looking for that deer? Are they following a blood trail? Did they come thru the woods spread out one guy following the blood trail (if there was one) and the other 3 guys looking ahead? Was the deer showing signs of bedding, limping …licking the wound these are all questions not answered… Lots of questions that would dictate giving that buck up. I don't agree with several on here stating "any wound" will eventually kill the deer. No one on here has ever seen a deer with a previous wound that has healed? I have in fact I shot a big buck that had a 4” round scar tissue on the bottom of the belly I could hardly cut through when gutting. I do know one thing for sure if I could see the deer was injured I would have shot it and waited for them to show up…and/or go looking for them.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Well the guys that first shot the deer saw the second guy loading up the deer so that tells me they were on its trail.i understand wanting to put the deer down but to take it also makes you a scavanger not a hunter,just my opinion
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
Well the guys that first shot the deer saw the second guy loading up the deer so that tells me they were on its trail.i understand wanting to put the deer down but to take it also makes you a scavenger not a hunter,just my opinion
Ya know, you just can't back off this first blood thing can you? Its been soundly proven to be false and misleading, yet you continue to pontificate that its the only right thing.

Well, you're wrong, the only right thing to do. Is throw those 4 "hunters" in jail. They are the thieves. They stole a legally tagged carcass from another hunter.

You might not like it, but there it is.

First blood only works, if its a kill shot to begin with. Your opinion, not withstanding.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Glad i dont have to hunt where you do or a head or spine shot would be the only choice since your kind is so desperate to take a deer home.but luckly i can hunt all day without seeing anouther hunter so this problom has never been an issue.i guess it has for you?lol sux to be you
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Personaly iwould have shot it waited for them to show up gave them thier deer and said learn to shoot have fun eating around the bullet holes.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I feel for both parties. Honestly if I originally shot it and really hadn't had a chance to follow up and just began and someone else shot it. I would think hey I didn't even get a chance to try.

Now I would have handled it a little different. Explained to the guy dragging it out the situation maybe offer half the meat. I don't know what I would do really. Definately not a situation I would like to ever be in. Quick story.

My father shot a really nice 10 some years back. Dropped it and it slid down the opposite side of the ridge. By the time he got there two guys were gutting it out. They said they shot it and were taking it no matter what. My father knew the locals. He waited til they were drinking in the cabin and passed out. He drove up with my uncles backed the truck up cut the buck down. Now it sits on my wall.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

@ deernutz >>>great ending ...love it
@ sconnyhunter >>> I am not one for letting my deer "go die" and sit and wait an hour or whatever time that seems right. Im a neck man and we can argue that point all day but.... all my deer are dead ..they don't travel. For those that let their deer " go die" I can see how this can happen BUT no matter what there is a issue of someone ripping off a tag from a "tagged deer". I am sure in a court of law that would hold a lot of weight, in addition these guys were wrong about the way they addressed the issue.
Can't we weed out the idiots ??? Its making the rest of us look bad.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad i dont have to hunt where you do or a head or spine shot would be the only choice since your kind is so desperate to take a deer home.but luckly i can hunt all day without seeing anouther hunter so this problom has never been an issue.i guess it has for you?lol sux to be you
So am I.
Cause then I'd have to tell you to give up deer hunting and live at the range for a while. To learn how to shoot properly.

Besides, its got nothing to do with desperation for a deer. Its about your not knowing how to shoot, in the first place.

Has it not dawned on you yet skinner, that your the only one here still advocating first blood?

First blood is the excuse for those who hunt with marginal equipment, and don't know how to use it effectively in the first place.

Where I hunt skinner, is full of lonely miles of woods. Yes I too can hunt all day and not see another person, and I hunt exclusively public lands.

Personaly iwould have shot it waited for them to show up gave them thier deer and said learn to shoot have fun eating around the bullet holes.
You would have shot it, dressed it and gone about your marry way, just like every other person here. So don't lie to yourself.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Sconny i really dont give a crap what you think lol i see you as more of a scavanger then a hunter.id agree with you then we would both be wrong.so you keep your simple minded opinion and ill keep mine atleast id agree that nothing is black and white there could be a thousand diffrent ways this could unfold.good story nutts!sconny one last time i really dont care what your opinion is,you keep going on with this like your looking for validation.is this how you hunt?stealing other ppls wounded deer while they are tracking it?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

And no i wouldnt have dressed it and went on with my marry way you see i take
Pride in harvesting my own animals unlike you i guess....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.