Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
DEER BAG LIMITS IN PA, please explain? >

DEER BAG LIMITS IN PA, please explain?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DEER BAG LIMITS IN PA, please explain?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Spike

Default DEER BAG LIMITS IN PA, please explain?

Hey everyone,

I live in NJ and I want to get into hunting for meat. NJ has lots of good deer hunting but I am curious about hunting in PA, particularly because it isn't as crowded and I have a Marlin .30-30 that I want to use.

What is the maximum deer bag limit in PA? As in, theoretically, I went out hunting from September to February, with a rifle, a flintlock and a crossbow, what is the maximum amount of deer I can harvest? The PA gov website says 'One antlered deer per hunting license year. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license' for each weapon category. Does this mean I can take three antlered deer if I use a rifle for one, a flintlock for one, and a bow for another? Or only one buck per year? Can I purchase multiple anterless licenses? My goal is to stock a meat freezer as full as possible.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate input from PA whitetail hunters!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

one buck period and you have to buy doe tags i dont know what the limit is
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

One buck limit. For doe, you have to apply and be drawn for tags. Residents apply first, then non residents apply. Each WMU has a certain amount of doe tags available. When they are gone, they are gone. I tried to get two doe tags this year, but both my areas were sold out when I applied for the second one.
-Jake
Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, one buck only per year, but in my WMU (5-D) there's basically unlimited antlerless pemits. They don't sell them all. I just go right to the Court House at get them. I have to re-up on a couple, as I'm down to my last one.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

PGC site has the answers.

Good luck.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Spike

Thanks guys!