HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   18 Point non typical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/375084-18-point-non-typical.html)

Patrick Eubanks 11-09-2012 05:53 AM

I love that you cyber hunting knuckleheads can judge the weight of the buck from a thumbnail pic. Please just say no to yourself when you get ready to type.
Nice buck. Trophy of a lifetime.

deerslyer11 11-09-2012 05:57 AM

I didnt mean any disrepect by judging the weight. I only said that because deer in canada get that big. Not ohio, michigan, etc. I mean the average buck in michigan is about 120 pounds. The only reason i know that is because my grandpa used to own one of the biggest deer processing places in west michigan. It was called borns. Like i said, no disrespect on it. Beautiful buck.

halfbakedi420 11-09-2012 06:20 AM

yowsa the mass. fenced er not he was eating good. gotta admit it would be a big let down if it was a canned deal. cant go throwing pics out givin the average jo hope that those kinda things actually do exist in the wild. big foot..lol

Schuler 11-09-2012 07:12 AM

Beautiful deer. That one heck of a dream deer.

Buckhunter46755 11-09-2012 07:35 AM

I killed a 7pt here in NE Indiana that weighed 190 dressed. It was a BIG deer for around here.

OLDFORDLOVER 11-09-2012 05:18 PM

The man at the deer processing facility gave me back 160 lbs of frozen meat and when I asked about the weight he said he had not weighed it before starting to skin it out, but on average they lost about 40 - 45% after gutting and skinning out. If that is true then that puts him at the 300 mark didn't have scales in the woods!
And yes I did take the deer inside the preserve but 1200 acres +/- is still a lot of woods, creek bottoms and steep ridges. I am old and overweight but I bet I can hide from you in that amount of property and terrain and I am not a deer!! And it is not like shooting cattle, as someone posted, they certainly are wild deer and not hand raised at all. He is able to work towards bigger mature bucks by controlling harvest and closely watching and thinning doe numbers so as to keep buck doe ratio at about two to one. I saw one taken there same time frame scoring probably 160 main frame 10 point taken outside the preserve with a bow on some of his land.

VAhuntr 11-10-2012 01:13 AM

Awesome buck!

Charlie P 01-17-2013 02:51 PM

Two of his three posts have been about the White Tail Inn, makes you wonder.

DeppedyDogg 01-17-2013 03:26 PM

NICE Buck

Wherever he was taken.

I misjudged my deer this year. I did not think he was a 300# deer but we weighed him as we butchered him. 305#

Easy to misjudge I guess. Only God and the processors know for real.

Look at his neck man. Easily a 300# deer.

Topgun 3006 01-17-2013 03:44 PM

Unreal that people on here could look at the FRONT end of that buck and say ANYTHING about his weight! That buck has unreal mass and if he was taken where the guy said I have no doubt it could hit 300# live weight. It also may have been taken within a high fence, but if it was in that type country in 1200 acres it sure as heck wasn't like hunting cattle in a pen either!!! A buck that old could probably hide from you in 10 acres with the proper cover!