Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

8 hour search.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default 8 hour search.

this weekend was youth deer weekend. I got a call Saturday night that my buddies nephew had shot a doe and needed help finding it. we had 8 guys search for close to 8 hours between saturday night and sunday morning. We finally found it 3/4 of mile away in a small pond. it was a damn cold morning to go for a swim but somebody had to get it out. He gut shot a nice 124 pound doe. No I didn't get any pictures, i just wanted to get dried off and warmed up.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

Well at least you were nice enough to help him by going into that pond!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Wow, good work on finding that deer 3/4 of a mile away! That is a tough find, given a gut shot leaves very little, if any blood. Huge teams of people looking for a lost person have had less success than that. How did you manage to find it that far away?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

good job..im tired of hearing how they didnt find a deer...its nice to see a "we found it" post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Dang thats an impressive total of hours.
A young hunter was shown there is an obligation to make every effort to retrieve wounded game.
For that i salute you and the recovery team!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dang, I'm too old

to hunt with anyone that causes an 8 hour search. Would avoid those shooters like the plague.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad that you found her. Too many will just go and shoot another one after a feeble search attempt.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
to hunt with anyone that causes an 8 hour search. Would avoid those shooters like the plague.
The way I read it is that he is a youth hunter and is learning. Give the kid a break! At least they were able to find it.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with Elm!! I'm not sure who most of you guys are hunting with or around! But there isnt a single hunter i know that will not go to the ends of the earth and back to find their deer! I would take that kid hunting with me any time!!! Good job!!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
Probably one of the stupidest things I've seen on these boards. Anyone can make a bad shot, it happens. At least they made a great effort in finding her. Kudos on that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.