Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Do deer follow daylight savings? >

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do deer follow daylight savings?

Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's could be true ! Deer may like to sleep in too. So you maybe we all sohould lay up in the camp another hour before heading out.

And also don't forget, don't plant late 'maters. They won't make. Not enough growing time because we lost an hour of sun light !

Jeese !!!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the same guy asking how to shoot a deer out to 600 yards.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting the day the "time changed".I treated it as a left wing conspiracy and refused to change my clocks.My cell phone didn't listen and changed time anyway,but I left my alarm clock the same.That way if I got up at 4:30 one day I would get up at 4;30 the next day.Of coarse as I was leaving I went out and changed my camera and feeder.LOL
The only thing that did change was a front was coming and that did change the deer moving.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Huntoneup
Since we lose an hour of day-lite in the evening, we gain an hour of lite in the morning; so some bucks will be moving around earlier in the morning. My uncle works on the county road crew & he's gonna see if he can get a deer-crossing sign put up just before the edge of the woods where i hunt......

LMAO!!!!! Good one!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
The more serious problem here is you shot at him twice at 350yds and missed.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by thomasmgp
Why the hell wouldnt this be a serious question? Last year after daylight savings I didnt see hardly any deer. Why wouldnt that lead me to believe the time change has no affect on the deer at all? Last year I also never changed the clocks on my cameras and they were still active at the same time regardless of it getting darker an hour earlier and daylight an hour sooner. They never came out any earlier or later. On my farm it seems most of the deer are nocturnal and I hardly ever see any in the morning and see most of my deer at night. So last year when it got darker earlier I just never saw anything. I shot my last deer of the season last year around Halloween.

It doesn't actually get dark any earlier or later (except for when naturally gaining or losing the minute or so per day which is relative to the equinox... the time itself doesn't actually change, just our clocks. It's so folks have an extra hour of daylight in the evening during the summer months man....
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Installing deer crossing sign next week!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
Installing deer crossing sign next week!!!
As soon as I heard that on the radio I went and got a couple signs. No luck I think it's all false information