Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hey all....

Old 11-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default Hey all....

Hey all new member here and also a new hunter im 32yrs old and going for my first hunting trip in a couple of weeks.... I am going to hunt this season for 2 main reasons.... my moms b/f was basically my deer meat supplier and well about 9-10 yrs ago he had a stroke and hasnt been able to go hunting which he really loved... so i thought about it for a while and decided that i would take him hunting for the first time since his stroke... we are going to be ground hunting for 2 reasons 1 his stroke and 2 i dont like heights.. he will be hunting with his 30-30 and i am going to be hunting with .223 ar-15.. i know some are going to say that i am plum crazy for using it to hunt but the main reason i am going is so he can get back to somewhat of a normal life... and if i really need to i can try to use his muzzle loader... so any advice would be greatly appreciated... thanks....
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Don,t let hunting on the ground bother you,its just where you,ll be hunting from. Type 223 bullet(if caliber legal where you hunt) required for deer unknown to me but if not available to you go with (practice first)muzzle loader.
Great your taking him,it means an awful lot to get back out there even if your different. Believe me i know. Hope its still a good time for him. Hope he is all dialed in on 30|30.

Last edited by monoped; 11-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Spike

yeah he has the 30-30 dialed in he said hes just gonna use it as a single shot this year i've shot his muzzle loader before im just more comfortable with my ar...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Get some venison and pics! Hope its a super season for you both.