Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any pics

Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Any pics

Anyone have any pics of their pop up hunting blinds im trying to get an idea how to cover it with natural surroundings pine bristles and things like that.would like to see some examples of a properly brushed blind.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

ive got the blind from walmart,Strategy Hub Blind to give you an idea of the shape
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Spike

i bought a huge 360 degree veiw blind a few years back.. and it didnt seem to mess with the deer too much if you just popped it up and spent a few hours in it. Leaving the blind at the hunting location will help them get used to it being there, and will walk right by without paying much attention to it at all.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned

Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by snapper1982
This.

Just cut some branches and time em on if ya want to brush it in. Just break up the outline. But think about it, how many box blinds do you see? They aren't brushed in. Deer just get used to em if you leave them out.

Also, I leave my back windows mostly closed when hunting that way I'm not silouetted through the windows. Closing your back windows conceals your movement better.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

ok i didn't know how much people covered them,thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Banned

like nebbuckhunter said. i lalways leave my back and alot of times my side windows closed. the more windows closed the darker it is inside and the more movemenet you can get away without being spotted. just try and set it up in some brush.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

How do you like the blind so far ?? I got the same one a few weeks ago and have yet to get it set up or anything.. I got a few places its going to come in handy at..

Like the other guys said just brush it in good to break up the outline of it. Alot of people say its best to leave it out there for awhile and the deer will get use to it but I have seen some people put it up the same day and hunt right out of it and alot of the deer didnt seem to mind it suddenly being there but they had it brushed in like crazy. Have seen deer spook out from it being new.. So its kinda a gamble

My last one i had near a cornfield I cut corn stalks down and roped them around the blind so I looked just like a outta place corn row..