Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When to start using Estrus lures?

Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Spike

Cool When to start using Estrus lures?

Hey guys, im here in southern illinois and im just wondering if today is too early to put out some tinks scent wicks with doe estrus on them.
Any advice on that?
and also..
Ive been told that right now is the perfect time of year to be rattling in mature bucks.. is this true?

thanks again guys
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

I am going to use some code blue esterous tomorrow morning...I think that we are in the early stages of the seeking/chasing phase....however, bucks are looking for does that are coming into esterous, so I believe right now is a good time. Also, this is the time of year when you stay on stand as long as you can....bucks will be cruising all day. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

now should be good, some does come in season way early, some come in way late, i think anytime from mid oct thru jan you can prob use estrous with success.