Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

gotta laugh! (off topic)

Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default gotta laugh! (off topic)

A couple days ago I made some deer jerky. It was a small batch so I ended up with 2lbs dry weight. I put one lb. in the freezer and one in the fridge. Well, I woke up this morning and looked in the fridge and the 1lb bag had 2pcs left. My neices and nephew are here for the weekend so I asked them if they had some jerky. Of course, no, no, & no. After 10minutes of assuring them they would not be in trouble for eating it all, they finally admitted they ate the whole pound in one sitting!!! Gotta laugh! They said we love your deer jerky so much uncle Chris, we couldn't stop eating it! We'll of course that brought a smile to my face. And of course, they are always welcome to it as well. At least I have another bag stashed in the freezer, so uncle Chris has some snacks while out hunting for the next one.... lol!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to hear they enjoyed it!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Banned

better check maybe they ate it first..
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad that they like it. Are you sure about the freezer stash?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

That's when you say, "How did it taste? When I found the deer I wasn't sure how long it had been on the side of the road."
Old 10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
That's when you say, "How did it taste? When I found the deer I wasn't sure how long it had been on the side of the road."

lmao... yea that's a good one! Wish I would thought to get 'em on something like that!