Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any Virginia hunters out there? >

Any Virginia hunters out there?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any Virginia hunters out there?

Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Spike

Default Any Virginia hunters out there?

New to the hunting area of Virginia, located in the Norfolk area. Wheres the decent spots for the white tails?
Old 10-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I live just south of you in Kitty Hawk Nc. You need to find an area to hunt out in Franklin to the I 95 corridor. That area north from Richmond and South well into Nc by Raleigh hold nice bucks and good numbers of deer. Basically from Suffolk west . There are some nice farms in the Pungo area of Chesapeake but don't know .

Mecklenburg co. Is a big producer in and near you.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Spike

im a va hunter but i live in southwestern va
Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Spike

Southwest Va here
Old 10-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Spike

Southwestern Va here too
Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DylanVA94
Southwestern Va here too
Originally Posted by wacoleqb
Southwest Va here
Originally Posted by slowpitch42
im a va hunter but i live in southwestern va
Are any of you guys familiar with the Dismal Swamp or The Cavalier WMA over my way?
Also what about hogs in Va? Is it open year round on them and can we bait them?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

I'm hunting in Southern Maryland on public hunting grounds. Sorry, I don't know where the best hunting spots in Virginia.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Spike

naw bud im not familiar with it myself, and i dont have any hogs around here i live and hunt in Pittsylvania couny
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm in Richmond. The best spots for hunting deer are on private land. You have to know someone who knows someone in order to get a sweet spot on private land to hunt, or just get lucky and ask a landowner.

The public WMA's (Chickahominy, Powhatan, Amelia, CF Phelps, etc..) are not very good and are way, way, WAY, over hunted. The state forests might be a better option.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in Yorktown and hunt in a hunt club in Wakefield and have some private land in ivor and out in north Wakefield near dendron. You can also check the big woods in Sussex co. I used to hunt it with our club. There are plenty of deer there and many big bucks, just have to go find them. I have seen a few post on Craigslist about a club doing hunts out there and they need standers. Might be worth doing to check it out and to meet some locals. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.