Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe urine?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Question Doe urine?

A buddy of mine from work gave me a bottle of Doe Urine from farm raised deer. Has anyone used doe urine from farm raised deer? If so, what kind of success have you had? I was told that farm raised deer urine will stop a buck in its tracks. I'll try it out and see how it works out.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Spike

Isn't it all from farm-raised deer?

I honestly don't know, but chasing wild deer around with a specimen cup seems a bit........
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have decided to not use any scents this season. I MIGHT use Evercalm, but I am going to try not to use any pee, tarsal gland scent, etc. Last year I felt it hurt me.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I second Fretwear (nice Gibson by the way) as I believe that all deer urine is from farm raised animals.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Ive used doe pee with good success. No luck or negative results with doe in heat or buck piss.

Yeah all sold urin is synthetic or from farm raised animals
Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

never had any luck with it, I've used frozen/fresh, no preservatives... I don't think that stuff lasts very long, and I don't like the idea of preservatives.

Honestly, wash your clothes with no scent wash, spray down with scent killer before going afield, these are my #1 and 2 best scent ideas.

scent lok might help but I'd put it below these other 2.

I've never had estrus lure in a buck. It could help mask your scent, but I worry that if/when it spoils it'll alert more deer to you than attract, also preservatives in other brands I'd worry again deer would know the difference and know where you are vs. thinking nothing is there...

plus more $$ to spend, more time wasted getting ready, not my deal.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't had a lot of success with it myself. Not to say it doesn't work though. I think you have to have the right buck at the right time to find it for it to work.. I think for the most part that it's a waist of money..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Spike

I have used BUCK BOMB doe estrus and dominate buck with a ton of success you just have to know when and how to use it!!
If you guys have bucks that are totally nocturnal make mock scrapes in his are and spay the dominate buck in them it has proven its self twice for me on a really nice 176 inch 12 point and a 190 inch kansas monster i will never hunt the rut without it!!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Spike

My grandpa has also killed some giant deer but he shoots the first hot doe he see's and takes the urine from her and puts it in a spray bottle
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Spike

I have decided to not use any scents this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.