Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How Concern Should I Be?

Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Give it another week and see what you get. Being it is big woods, I doubt some has another bait station near yours, but could be, You've been hunting it for 7 yrs and it's been good. I bet it will pick back up.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no baiting allowed on this public land, but I have access to a small private 40 acre piece, I can bait, scout, put my cams up, track game, but no hunting allowed, I'm working on it. This piece is where I see the deer go to and come from over the years. I think things will pick up by the end of the month, this week alone highs will be near 70, there is no human pressure
Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Friend of mine hunts 15 minutes from me, same public land he has out 3 cams and over this past week got only one picture of a 110" buck, so maybe things aren't so bad for my area
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think this warm weather we've been getting has someting to do with it. They may have moved temporarily into a valley where cooler temperatures lay and also some water . I've seen zilch the past few days.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Had a buddy of mine several years back who had a similiar situation going on for about a month and found out that another hunter was erasing his pics and he didnt know it. The guy obviously wasnt a thief or he'd have stolen it. It wasn't until he set up a 2nd camera in a brushy area close by to hide it that he figured out what was going on. I will tell you that he seen a foot print close by to the camera that wasn't his boot that caused him to suspect this. Anything is possible in the woods these days. Hope this isn't the case for you and good luck.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

My cam is locked in a cam lock box with python cable lock as well as a pad lock
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

On our property, I get pictures of only Does and Fawns for the summer. The Bucks are pushed away for maximum food for the young and lactating moms. Getting into the pre rut the Bucks return in October.

Were your pictures mainly of bucks? They are still around, but spreading out as individuals rather than visiting as a group.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

mostly does, with a few scrub bucks and at the end of August a really nice, wide 8pt. out of velvet